WHEELCHAIR AND SENIOR TRAVEL
Travelling in Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana and Namibia) is perfectly possible for wheel chair users and seniors travelers. Kaapstad.org can organize this in all comfort.
Vehicles are fitted with Hydraulic Lifts, that ease entering and exiting. This is especially important when we are off-road in some of our remote destinations, as the vehicle heights due to the terrain are excessive.
These lifts really benefit more than just wheel-chair users, as we have found our Senior Travelers, especially those who have had knee/hip operations really make use of the service.
European wheel-chair locking systems are installed into the vehicles, and this gives especially our quadriplegic guests the option of transferring or staying seated securely in their chairs. Both electric chairs and manual chairs can be secured.
A range of vehicles well suited for the country and area in which they operate.
For self drives, hand controls will be fitted to the vehicle, suited for the travel undertaken.
Day excursions and transfers
Wheel chair users and senior travelers are able to enjoy a daytrip with private guide and suitable vehicle. Hotel/airport transfers are also possible within all comfort.
If you are an adrenaline Junkie, we have all the possibilities, from Bungee jumping to para-gliding to shark cage diving!!!! We could tailor make a package to suit all your passions, alternatively make them a part of one of our recommended tours.
Services we offer
- Transfers and daytrips
- Cover of ZAR 10 million per vehicle
- 24 Hour Call Centre
- Emergency evacuation to a 1st class medical facility (when required)
- Hospital admittance without cash deposits
- Satellite telephone in case of emergency, especially in remote areas
- Repatriation to place of residence in country of origin
- Added benefit of trip cancellation / curtailment
- Camping in safari tents with en-suite bathroom (toilet and shower) and bedroom
- Comfort and safety are the two most important factors for our guests. Inside the safari vehicles we have installed the Unwin Safety System with a 2-point harness wheelchair locking device for clients who need to remain seated in their wheelchairs.